Enniskillen U16 Boys v Armagh U16 Boys Fixture - Oct 20, 2018

Team Score Pts
Enniskillen U16 Boys 12 - 29 Armagh U16 Boys

Match Report

Enniskillen Under-16s 12
Armagh Under-16s 29
Last Saturday Enniskillen Under-16s faced up to a team that had recently beaten the high flying Virginia side handsomely, but the young side continued to develop their game with an improved performance and a focus on winning their small battles. Defence was much improved with storming tackles in the first two mins by Pryce Beatty, Sean and Ciaran. The young side clawed for every yard against Armagh and even stopped a try in the corner with a superb joint cover tackle from Ethan Daley and Aaron Haire. Unfortunately the latter had to go off with an injury as a result of this try saving tackle and he was then replaced by his namesake Aaron Skuce. 
With Armagh starting to gain ground  through hard running forward carries, they inevitably scored after sucking in all the defenders. The conversion hit the post. 0-5 after 20 mins. 
The home side’s heads began to drop after a long period defending and two scores were conceded in quick succession, the second involving a controversial forward pass in the act of scoring, but the visitors 0-17 up nonetheless. 
Skins were becoming increasingly frustrated by very marginal decisions and some harsh refereeing of the lineout. However, the players continued to regroup and applied a great degree of pressure on Armagh and played some enterprising rugby until an unfortunate off load went to an Armagh hand who then ran 60 yards to score under the posts. 0-24. Half time. 
The second half produced one of the best collective performances witnessed from this group of young players. After multiple phases of hard carrying, with Arthur, Thomas and Ryan, Skins eventually broke towards the posts with James Ross carrying just short, then a brilliant pick up and low drive from Captain Sean McManus to score under the posts, easily converted by the superb Oisin Farry. This really ignited the side who were straight back up to the Armagh line again after the restart. After multiple phases again, and after multiple offences by the Armagh pack, their excellent number 20 was yellow carded as an example for too many penalties in the red zone. After another few penalties in Skins’ favour and also an amazing kick to the corner by Oisin Farry, the backs got a good run which resulted in a great try by the hard and fast running Richard Mulcahy, running around a few and then crashing through the full back to score out wide. Super effort. Kick missed. 12-24. 
Enniskillen now were flying but a quick release ball was again intercepted and that resulted in an unconverted try to Armagh to bring any comeback hopes to an end. 12-29 was the final score. It was a fantastic performance from the Enniskillen side who, whilst admittedly up against it with some of their opposition in this league, continue to be competitive and develop their abilities.