Enniskillen U18 v Dungannon U18 Fixture - Oct 15, 2016

Team Score Pts
Enniskillen U18 43 - 12 Dungannon U18

Match Report

Saturday 15/10/16

Enniskillen U18’s 43
Dungannon U18's 12

On a cold, wet blustery Saturday morning Enniskillen RFC welcomed Dungannon’s Youth teams to their Club, with the weather conditions poor it wasn’t going to be a day for fast flowing, expansive Rugby.
    The U18’s kicked off and after only 5 minutes Dungannon ran in an unconverted try to put the first points on the board. This seemed to kick start the young Skins side and they started to go through several phases of play with good ball retention and kept recycling the ball through second row Aaron Kelly and Owen Mcgovern who had outstanding games. They got their just rewards when the Skins forwards had pushed up to Dungannon’s 5 metre line where No8 Jamie Kelly got quick ball and powered over the line with a couple of defenders holding on to score an unconverted try, leaving the score 5 all.
    On the 20th minute the Skins won a scrum on the halfway line, and from a well worked back’s move centre Tyler Millar cut open Dungannon’s defence and scored a converted try to leave the score 12-5 to Skins. Then 3 minutes later the inform out-half Jarlath Maguire scored a further unconverted try after another back’s move from a scrum to leave the score 17-5 to Skins.
    For the next 10 minutes Dungannon started to move the ball and came close to scoring only to be denied by the tenacious tackling of fullback Michael O’Hare. Skins’ defence was finally broken on the 32nd minute when Dungannon broke the defensive line for a converted try.
    However, Dungannon’s joy was short lived, and after the restart winger Aidan McKenna chased down the kick and put pressure on his opposite number to win a scrum for the young Skins, from there the home side went through several phases of play before scrum half Josh Kyle drew 2 defenders and off loaded to centre Tyler Millar to power over the line and score a converted try to leave the halftime score 24-12 to Skins.
    Dungannon kicked off the second half and for 15 minutes the game was played in the Skins half with good pressure from Dungannon but they failed to break down the Skins defence and after great work by flanker Eoin Cleary at the breakdown, Skins put the ball through the hands and Millar once again ran in a Converted try to leave Skins 31-12 to the good. On the 65th minute out-half Jarlath Maguire kicked and chased a ball from Dungannon’s 22’ and scored his 2nd try of the day to leave the score 36-12. Dungannon kept fighting to the end and pushed Enniskillen back to their 5 metre line but again couldn’t get hrough the determined Skins defence and, after a knock on by Dungannon, Skins won a Scrum on their own 5 metre line. The resultant scrum had quick ball going to Millar yet again who broke through 4 tackles and ran the full length of the pitch to score his 4th try of the game to leave the final score 43-12 to Skins.
    It’s been a solid start to the season for the Under-18s who now travel to Virginia this weekend.